Friday 22 February 2013

Processes in Animal Disease

Hi :) Another unit I'll be taking this semester is called Processes in Animal Disease, which is basically General Pathology. Pathology is the study of structural and functional abnormalities (disease) in cells, tissues, organs and body systems. There are nine basic pathological processes:
  1. Circulatory Disturbances
  2. Acute Inflammation
  3. Healing and Repair
  4. Chronic Inflammation
  5. Necrosis and Calcification
  6. Adaptive Tissue Responses
  7. Storage diseases, Pigments and Infiltrates
  8. Neoplasia
  9. Teratology
 We'll be learning about these throughout the semester and I'll be publishing posts which explain these processes as I learn them myself. 

I hope you enjoy these series of posts - it seems like it's going to be a very interesting unit. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas about how I can improve my posts please let me know in the comments at the end of each post :)



No comments:

Post a Comment